Saying well done at work and thanking someone for their efforts goes a long way. The small human moments matter more than ever with many of us working remotely. This easy show of thanks can become a backbone for your entire company culture – one of gratitude, teamwork, and mutual respect.
Don’t miss an opportunity to share with someone when they’ve done a great job.
Examples of how to say well done at work
Here are 50 simple ways that you can show your appreciation to a colleague or an employee to thank them for doing a great job.
Keeping it Short and Sweet
- Thank you for doing this.
- Nice job. Keep it up.
- Great work, as always.
- Top quality work.
- You’re an inspiration to all of us.
- Thank you for volunteering to take this on.
- Your problem solving skills are second to none.
- Congratulations on a job well done.
- This is going above and beyond, I love it!
- You’re a real life saver!
Recognition for being a part of the team
- You’re a real pleasure to work with.
- It’s so great that I can just trust you to get the job done for us.
- You’re such a great team player.
- It’s so good to have someone like you to learn from.
- Thank you for helping keep everybody motivated.
- Where would we be without you?
- It’s rare to find team mates who are so reliable.
- It’s hard to imagine our team with you in it.
- I couldn’t have gotten this done without you.
- Thank you for going the extra mile and helping me get started on this project. I’d have been lost without you working here.
- I can’t believe that your last job let you go! Please never leave here!
- Not only do you hit your own targets, but it’s great to see you helping others too.
- You continuously impress with your attitude and willingness to help.
- You care for you team mates shows though every day. We appreciate you.
- I’m hearing great feedback about your work and I wanted to tell you how happy I am with you.
- Thank you for taking responsibility with this task. I appreciate it.
- Thank you for helping me this week. I owe you one.
- Your positive attitude is a constant breath of fresh air to all of us.
- It’s great that you continue to excel even as you take on new responsibilities.
- Thanks for always having my back, it means a lot.
- This is a great example for everyone else to learn from, can we share it with the rest of the team?
- Congratulations on your work anniversary! X years of amazing work!
- It’s been a real pleasure working with you on this project. I hope we get to work together again soon.
Appreciation of extra effort
- I love the amount of effort you’ve put into this.
- Thanks again for working the extra time to get this done.
- You’ve raised the bar again. Amazing.
- The client is so happy and it’s all thanks to your efforts.
- Your dedication is fantastic, you’re definitely going places.
- Without you, I don’t think we could have hit our deadline. Well done.
- Your constant dedication to your work is helping lead us to all to success!
- Getting this done so quickly is really going to help us out in the long run.
- Some people work smart, some work hard. You do both.
- How you solved this challenging problem was amazing.
- You’re hard work is something we can all learn from.
- You’re go-getter attitude really makes a difference.
- You showed great composure when dealing with that awkward situation.
- Your attention to detail makes a big difference to our finished product.
- This is great, I really can’t wait to see what comes next.
- I’m really grateful you could get this turned around so quickly.
- You may not have thought we noticed, but you’re work is coming along really brilliantly, and we are really excited to see what you come up with next.
Your Turn to say Well Done
When was the last time that you thanked a colleague directly for their work? Keep an eye out for opportunities to reach out and say well done to each other.
If you’re a manager or team leader, doing this can set a great example to the rest of the team. Encourage them to do the same to each other, and even to people from outside your company. Simple thank you emails really do help make the day better.